- IDPG statement on local elections in Nepal
It has been two decades since local elections were last held, and Nepalis are keen to exercise their right to elect their local representatives. Members of the international community recognize the efforts of all stakeholders
- The Embassy will be closed from April 13th to April 17th
- To us - She Decides
Globally almost 225 million women and girls have an unmet need for contraception. Every day over 800 women and girls die from preventable causes related to pregnancy or child birth. Annually 22 million unsafe abortions occur and two million girls under 15 become mothers. This is the situation for millions of the most vulnerable women around the world.
- Valg til den grønlandske kommunal- og menighedsrepræsentation d. 4. april 2017
Grønlands Selvstyre har meddelt Økonomi- og Indenrigsministeriet, at der den 4. april 2017 afholdes kommunal- og menighedsrepræsentationsvalg i Grønland
- Embassy will remain closed on 19th Jan 2017
Please be informed that the Embassy of Denmark will remain closed on Thursday, 19th January 2017
And will re-opens on Friday 20th January 2017
for all public services. We regret for any inconvenience caused. Thank you
- Embassy of Denmark will remain closed from 24 December 2016 until 01 January 2017
- Vacancy Announcement
- Embassy of Denmark will remain closed 31st of October and 1st of November
- Embassy will remain closed on 15 and 16 September
- Brevstemmeafgivning i forbindelse kommunalvalg på Færøerne den 8. november 2016.
Brevstemmeafgivning i forbindelse kommunalvalg på Færøerne den 8. november 2016.
- Bill to repeal the Greencard scheme has been passed
On 2 June 2016 the Danish Parliament has passed a bill to repeal the Greencard scheme. The change means that from 10 June 2016 it will no longer be possible to submit new applications for a Greencard.It is still possible to apply for a Greencard until 10 June 2016.After 10 June 2016 you can continue to apply for an extension of an existing Greencard. Likewise it will still possible to apply for a residence permit as an accompanying family member to a person holding a Greencard.The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration will continue to process applications under the Greencard scheme submitted before the effective date of 10 June 2016 according to the current regulations.Read about bill L 169 here (in Danish only).The changes will be incorporated into the specific pages on newtodenmark.dk offering information on the Greencard scheme on 10 June 2016.
- The Embassy's visa system is functioning again
The Embassy's visa system is now up and running again. Last week our visa system was down due to IT problems. The problems have now been solved and the Embassy is again issuing all types of visa.
- IT problems regarding Schengen visas only
(No problems regarding student visa and residence visa)
- Joint press release of the European partners one year after the earthquake
ONE YEAR AFTER THE QUAKES: EUROPEAN PARTNERS PAY TRIBUTE TO THE VICTIMS AND STAND BY NEPAL TO ACCELERATE BUILDING BACK BETTER RECONSTRUCTION FOR THE MOST VULNERABLE
- Information about closing times on Friday the 22nd of April
The Embassy will be closed at prayer day this Friday the 22nd of April. The Embassy will re-open on Monday at regular office hours.
- Information about opening hours at Nepali New Year
Due to the Nepalese new year, the Embassy will be closed Wednesday the 13th of April.
- Information about opening hours tomorrow the 7th of April
The 7th of April the Embassy will be closed from 12 noon and the rest of the day. The Embassy will be open again Friday, the 8th of April, with regular office hours.
- Information about official closing days at Holi and Easter
Due to Holi and Easter the Danish Embassy is officially closed on the 22th, 24th, 25th and 28th of March.
- Information about closing days during Christmas and New Year
The Danish Embassy in Nepal will be closed from the 24th of December 2015 to 3rd of January 2016 due to Christmas and New Year holiday.
- 24 years of history in Nepal in a Christmas Calendar on Facebook
The Danish Embassy in Kathmandu opens the doors to 24 years of history in Nepal in a Christmas Calendar on Facebook
- Embssy will remain closed for Tihar
Please be informed that the Embassy of Denmark will remain closed from Wednesday to Sunday from
11th to 15th November 2015
for public services due to Tihar Holidays
The Embassy re-opens on Monday 16th November 2015
We regret for any inconvenience caused.
- Implementation of obtaining biometric for visa applicants in Nepal
In 2013 Denmark implemented the Visa Information System (VIS) which is a system for the exchange of visa data between the Schengen countries.
- VFS is closed due to Dashain on 20th of October and will be open again from 26th of October
Please note that VFS global the external service provider for the intake of visa/resident permit applications is closed on 20th of October 2015. They will resume their work after Dashain holiday for public service from 26th October 2015 for the application process. Please check their homepage for their new location.
- Folkeafstemning om EU-retsforbeholdet 3 December 2015
Torsdag den 3. december 2015 afholdes der folkeafstemning om omdannelse af retsforbeholdet til en tilvalgsordning.
- Information regarding closing down of the Embassy of Denmark in Kathmandu
- Update om rejseforhold i Nepal
- Embassy will remain closed on 01 and 02 October
- Statement on behalf of the International Development Partner Group in Nepal
- UM Rejseklar - ny app giver bedre service til danskere, der rejser i udlandet
Udenrigsministeriet lancerer en ny app ”UM Rejseklar”, som gør det lettere at forberede rejser til udlandet - og at få hjælp, hvis der opstår problemer undervejs.
- Recreating Nepal by art
Cultural Event and art therapy at the Danish Embassy
- The Danish Crown Prince in Nepal
- Enhancing Human Rights Protection in Law Enforcement and Security Agencies in Nepal
- Internship at the Embassy of Denmark in Nepal
Internship within ‘Public Diplomacy and Communication’ from 1st of February 2016 to 31st of July 2016
- Dual Citizenship
As of 1 September 2015, Danes will have the opportunity to acquire dual citizenship.